Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Intro to blogging

Well, I've finally crossed to the dark side and created a blog site. I wasn't sure if I'd ever do this, but I've got too much to tell to keep quiet any longer... so now I'll have a voice out there in Internet-land; after all, you're entitled to my opinion, right? :-)

So, welcome to my blog and hopefully you'll learn from what I've got to say, and vice versa. Life is a dynamic, growing, ever-changing thing - never static! - and learning is IMO growing in the best sense.

I've called my blog "Wings of Change" to reflect this opinion. It's a pun on "winds of change", because I want it to tie into my "greenbutterfly" e-mail. I love butterflies: wonderfully (and often vibrantly) coloured, performing tasks of pollinating plants (somewhat like bees in that regard), and often used in Christian circles as a symbol of Easter, celebrating the new life and new form of life that comes with resurrection.

And let's not forget that old hypothetical about a butterfly flapping its wings... Small voices can bring about serious change through the gathering of momentum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no radical. But I do believe that whatever form of culture or society we end up with, on whatever basis it might be founded, there will always be room for change or improvement, simply because culture and society incorporates people, and people aren't perfect.

What can you expect on my blog? All sorts of stuff, from software and electronics, to music, movies, political commentary, to theology, and across to science and science methods... and all the way back again! My interests are wide and varied!

No comments:

Post a Comment