On the subject of cricket (see my other post for today), I have a comment about the game of cricket. Or rather, some people's responses to cricket.
Many people say it is boring. In doing so in that manner, they are really saying it is an absolute thing - which means that they are effectively disregarding my opinion on the matter.
Be warned - if you are one of these people, your comment is "unliked".
I've played cricket. I would have kept playing if a team would have taken me and if my eyesight hadn't gone bad (thankfully, it's quite well corrected now so I could probably play but I now lack the skills to do so). I am passionate about the game and don't find it much boring at all (not quite true: I do find the T20's reasonably boring... they don't last very long and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of strategy or tactics, just go out and smack the bowling or try to bowl wide yorkers outside off stump to restrict the batting).
I love strategy and so the longer the game form, the better I like it. And so, in one fell swoop, I prove that cricket is not boring as an absolute - only in your opinion, to which you are freely entitled even if I disagree with you (which I probably will).
Just don't tell me my opinion does not matter. My opinion matters, at least to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment